Monday, July 11, 2005

[you just got murphed] ver.2.0

Why this post is version 2.o will be explained later although you probably know why already.

Anyway, for those who don't know, Murphy's Law (or at least one of his laws) goes like this: "if anything can go wrong, it will."

This last weekend was possibly THE worst weekend I have ever experienced (possibly, of course). Simply put, almost everything I had planned for the weekend got murphed. Actually I don't really feel like writing anymore about this (expecially since I'm already writing this entry for the second time) but since I'm already doing so, what the hell.

To start things off, here are THE THINGS THAT WENT WRONG:
(in chronological order)

  1. Friday night: Finding out too late taht the deadline for submission of entries for the Neil Gaiman in Manila Art Competition was July 6. Was inspired to make an unusually worked-really-hard-on-this-one piece but after being informed of the deadline, inspiration suddenly died. Missed my chance. Sayang.
  2. Saturday: DOTA Tournament cancelled. Only four teams attended [team H5 (us), Area51 (the hosts), the Bombsite team, and some other team I can't remember who].., the rest chickened out. More than 7 teams said they'd join. Went to a cancelled tourney instead of going to the Gaiman book-signing (and getting a chance of actually getting numbered stubs.)
  3. Sunday: NOT GETTING ANYTHING SIGNED by Gaiman at Fuly-Booked Greenhills Promenade. Actually, NONE of us got our books signed. Felt really bad for Nicole and the others, they came all the way from Baguio, and were already in Manila since Saturday. I know he must've been really tired after signing books til past midnight Saturday night, I mean wel can understand that but... well it just .. sucks that I didn't get my Dreamhunters (hardbound... huhu) signed.
  4. the (pirated) Batman Begins and SinCity DVDs I got from Greenhills (through the new "shady dealings" system they now have with selling DVDs there at Greenhills) were pieces of crap I never should've bought against my better judgement. Lesson learned: DO NOT BUY PIRATED DVDs. from Greenhills. ever. Magdownload ka na lang ng DVD rip.
  5. I am now as poor as a pinoy rat. At lahat ng may utang sa akin ngayon malamang hindi magbabayad (that means you Louis).
  6. And finally, ang nagpakumpleto sa aking araw:


Para akong ginood-time ng the powers that be.
Pero ok lang, kahit maraming badtrip na nangyari at least may THINGS THAT DIDN'T GET MURPHED:
  1. Nothing went wrong with my live broadcasts. ...yun lang.
  2. So the DOTA tourney was cancelled, but we all played anyway. Fun-game lang. And even though we got owned it was still a good game. Now we have bragging rights for not being chickenshits.
  3. Got to see Kubi, Nicole, Zye, and Gil. I thought I wouldn't be able to see them since Saturday signing sila. Matagal ko rin sila hindi nakita.
  4. We watched Fantastic 4 instead and it wasn't bad. In fact it was actually better than I had expected (although Batman Begins is a whole LOT better).
  5. At siyempre, nakasalubong namin nina Brian at Berna si BAMBOO! And took some pictures :D Sulit na rin kahit papano yung pagpunta sa Greenhills. It's a fair exchange. eto pic (medyo mukha lang ako tanga sa pic):

left to right: Bamboo, Brian, Me at Greenhills Promenade.

2 comments:

Nikki! said...

whoa.

astig. comic.

laro tayo mamaya.

JAm said...

great comic! nice pic.Ü murph. murph. murph. hehehe.Ü