Tuesday, November 29, 2005

[not yet]

Sir Ericson Mejia or "Coach" as most of us call him, the UPLB Arnis Team's founder, asked me yesterday if I wanted to become coach of the Arnis Team, maybe sometime after I graduate. Kuya Quan (our team's current coach) asked me the same thing a few weeks back.

Coach and Kuya Quan will both be leaving for Korea sometime next year (or later) and will be staying there for a long time (2 or 3 years). They said they needed someone to take over the UPLB team for them while their gone. They asked me. I told them I'd think about it.

Now I won't deny that a part of me has always wanted to someday become the team's coach and I know I've always enjoyed teaching arnis to anyone who was willing to learn. It's just that I never expected it to actually happen. I know I'm supposed to be feeling good about this but... me? coach? Now that the opportunity has finally presented itself.. I suddenly find myself having doubts. Somehow, the thought of it scares me. Can I do this? Do I have enough confidence? Am I actually good enough? Will I be able to live up to it? ..Do I really want this? And why me?

Right now, I don't know. And at the current level I'm at, I know I'm not worthy - I'm not being humble here, I know I'm not cut out for something like this.

Not yet at least. I guess it's time I got serious.

4 comments:

Nikki! said...

Go, Drew.

I had my doubts about being able to handle being team leader here at work, too. The first thing I thought of was whether I was ready and capable.

Guess what came out of it. =p

(Lots of DotA time!!! >:))

Drew said...

offer lang naman e... hindi naman sigurado na ako e. ..scar3 ako.

Anonymous said...

take it, take it :D

farm ka pa, para mapalitan na yung ironwood branches mo :D

then Show them just how big you could get ;) BKB lang yan.

-Clemen

Anonymous said...

you? a coach? er... kaya mu yan~ kaw naman current fearless leader namin eh. :P