Tuesday, November 22, 2005

[updates]

I am finally registered. Raarness.

7 days of prerog (teacher's prerogative) for almost every possible subject I can take ("Mang Jose" saves the day), asshole GE instructors, form 26 signatures, paperwork and appeals for the approval for the revision of my plan of coursework, student loan, looooong registration lines, the heat, obnoxious people at the end of the line, ... it was a looong struggle against the UPLB registration system but in the end, I have prevailed.

Ang ganda ng sunset kanina.

-------------------------------------------


Got myself a new bokken (I don't know what it's called in Filipino). Kuya Quan and I were purchasing arnis sticks in Quiapo the other day (we planned to sell the sticks to the arnis classes in UPLB), I saw lots of well-made Bahi, Kamagong and Rattan sticks. It took me a while to decide whether to buy a pair of Bahi (a type of wood that outlasts Kamagong, although Kamagong looks better) or one of the carved out "bladed" arnis sticks (the bokken). I eventually decided to get the bokken.

It'll help me practice forms for bladed weapons, in preparation for bolo handling. scar3?

-------------------------------------------


*Spoiler Alert*

Watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie last Sunday. As usual, many parts from the book were axed but the movie was still satisfying, especially for an HP fan - in fact, I think it's the best one out of all the HP movies.

I've lost my crush on Cho Chang after reading books 5 and 6, but after watching the movie again... my crush on her is back. Of course there's also Hermione and Fluer, the movie's full of cute chics. Haha.. *ahem*

Some things I noticed: Ginny's getting a lot of screen time now; Sirius only appeared as a bunch of embers, Hermione's growing up (in the words of Detective Hartigan from SinCity: "She grew up. She filled out.") ; Harry asked about Priori Incantatum but Dumbledore didn't bother to answer him; and Voldemort was Ralph Fiennes!! Astig.

A few disappointments though: Dumbledore still doesn't feel like he's realy Dumbledore; I expected Fleur to be much er.. hotter than that; I wanted to see the other dragons in action, especially the Chinese Firebolt (or was it Fireball?); and I wanted to see Sirius as a dog; the Quidditch World Cup was too short; I really wanted to see the sphinx; I expected the mermaids to be... prettier; and Mad-Eye Moody's 3 Unforgivable Curses lecture was barely understandable amid the chaos.

Pero yun nga, astig pa rin yung movie. Looking forward to the next one (Dumbledore's Army!).

-------------------------------------------


I need money. I must have Urbandub's Embrace Album now.

-------------------------------------------


I've been trying to find a way to free up 10gigs on the PC because I want to play this again. (I don't like the PC version cover so I linked to the Xbox cover instead.) Playing Metal Gear Solid (for the PSX) on ePSXe on my computer has made me want to play Metal Gear Substance instead. I wanna see E.E. again :D

7 comments:

Nikki! said...

Whoa! Gusto namin ni Nap magka-bokken dati pa! Nung wala pa akong pera.. T_T

---

Di ako masyado fan ng HP, pero, tama! Astig yng movie! =D

scrawler said...

twas a Chinese Fireball.

Embrace is worth it. benta ka na ng sticks para may funds..! :P

hha, umepal lang. walang magawa eh.

moon's child said...

on HP4 dumbledore: oo nga! di ko gusto pagkakaportray nya kay dumbledore!! saw dumbledore as someone who's always calm and softspoken.. parang masyadong abrupt (?) (cant think of the right word)ung dumbledore ngayon.. mas gusto ko ung dati.. =/

Drew said...

@nikki: next time, quarterstaff naman bibilhin ko :D

@tintin: lol. tama, fireball nga. ...EMBRACE!!! me wants!

@cherrie: tanggap ko pa kung si Gandalf/Magneto na lang :D

Anonymous said...

cedric was tragic hero cute.

Anonymous said...

may eng1 ka ba??kc ung isang nagprerog sa min,mang jose ang kinanta...hehehe..la lang....if ever c mam cervantes ang prof mo,clasm8s tau...hehehe...peace...

Drew said...

LOL. Oo, kay Ma'am Cervantes. classmate nga kita :D