Thursday, March 23, 2006

[unsolicited things.. and up dharma down, again]

Unsolicited service is unneeded, unwanted, doesn't get you anywhere, and is indeed, unsolicited. But at least it gets the message across: you're around, and you'll be there awhile.. whether or not the unsolicited part changes. Anyway...

I've been listening to a lot of Up Dharma Down lately. I was about to make an album review here but am afraid that whatever I say here won't do the band's music justice ^^. Here are the Up Dharma Down songs that managed to stick to me wherever I go, some of it I even sing while taking my exams.

Layag (4:09). echoey vocals and insanely varied drumbeats... bass, guitars. I don't know shit about making music, so pardon my inept descriptions of the song. This song is somewhat of a creative masterpiece for me.. It just feels like something I've never heard before. If there's an absolute favorite track in this album for me, it would either be this or "Malikmata."

Maybe (2:52). It's the friggin' teaser single. I just can't get it off my head.

Oo (3:59). The lyrics just make me laugh everytime. Ang bargas e, "Malas mo, ikaw ang natipuhan ko..", etc. It expresses so much honesty. I won't be surprised if this becomes the most famous track in the album.

Malikmata (5:07). I've always been a bass-person, and this song is just.. the cool funky bass just gets me everytime. Nice. The chorus never fails to make me lose myself ^^.

No comments: