Friday, June 03, 2005

[webcomics]

I've been doing nothing but travel the big big ocean that is the web all week. Friggin comsci instructors just won't show up no matter how hard I look for them so I decided "to Jigoku with removals, I shall bum out instead and enjoy the last few days of summer. " And so I did.

Walang ginawa kundi mag-L5R forums sa net, download artbooks, sourcebooks, OSTs, crazy Flash movies, and other random stuff. Check friendster, go to bulletinboards and answer worthless "surveys", login on deviantart (and enjoy my one week free trial subsciption), answer personality tests and random quizzes and post stupid worthless things in my blog.

But then after a while pucha nagsawa rin ako. Naubusan ako ng gagawin sa net. Tapos biglang may idea na lumabas sa utak ko. Nagbasa ako ng webcomics. Tapos ang nangyari, ASTIG.

I dont feel like writing anything long (since a looong story. at sobrang tagal ko nag-browse sa kung anu-anong webcomic sites..) so let's just put it like this: parang inspired nanaman ako gumawa ng comics.

Basta yun. Can't really explain it. They just got me all excited again about making stories and drawing. Siguro out of envy pero ewan ko. I suddenly want to create a webcomic of my own. Or go back to the stories I've been trying to write before. Recover and restart my abandoned projects.
..Ewan. Basta, parang gusto ko lang talaga ulit gumawa ng comics.

READ these webcomics:

Ctrl Alt Del - they're just the best. crazy l337ness. -
highly recommended-
Orneryboy - best designed webcomic I've ever seen. gothic art. great humor
Applegeeks - nice art. GREAT coloring. has a nice continuous story.
NuklearPower - they use classic final fantasy sprites. thats enough for me.
VGCats - nice clean art. funny strips :D

Eto na yung pinaka-maganda kong nabasa.
the rest were just soso. Penny-arcade was also ok although I found that I couldnt really relate to the humor. And I really didn't like the art.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

2 comments:

Nikki! said...

SLuggy Freelance is good! Pero medyo nag-de-decline na yung quality recently..

Megatokyo, ganun din..

Ayos din ang RealLife..

Drew said...

check ko rin sluggy freelance kaso d ko masyado na-tripan. da best talaga ctrl alt del :D