Monday, October 31, 2005

[sembreak]

Nothing went according to plan when I got back.

First off, cards. I didn't think that Kuya would also be going to Baguio for the break, so I didn't bring my L5R (Legend of the Five Rings) decks (wala ako iba makakalaro e). Turns out aakyat nga rin pla sina Kuya kaya dala niya decks niya. Of course we'd still get to play using his decks but still, it's different when your playing your own deck - the games are more competitive and battles are more personal.

the DVD player at home is also missing (..Ryan? probably. more on my blacksheep brother when I finally feel like it) so all the DVDs I brought home with me are now useless (our PC doesn't have a DVD drive).

NO
INTERNET CONNECTION. I'm typing this right now in an internet cafe somewhere in Bonifacio.. whatever street or something (I don't know any of the building's names anymore, or the streets. I've been away from this city for too long - i feel like a tourist). Our mom told us that the phone bill (oo, cursed 56k dial up kami dito) isn't part of the family's budget right now so NO net. Feel like a wired fish out of WWW-water.

Hindi ako makapag-drawing. At least not right now. I expected Ynna, my youngest sibling, to have pencils so i didn't bother to bring my own (besides, my mechanical pencil's still missing). When I realized that there wasn't anything to do anymore, I asked ynna for a pencil.. turns out Ynna doesn't have ANY pencils at all ("ngyarr.. elementary student ka wala ka lapis?!").

No arnis, no sword. The bloodsticks (the arnis sticks I marked with my blood - as part of the Angkan ng Mandirigma induction - we call it the bloodpact) are missing. I feel like a samurai who's dishonored himself by losing his sword (his soul). Whoever the fuck it was who took my bloodsticks are gonna be so fucked they're going to fucking wish they hadn't fucked with me. whew.

Also.. the wakizashi i've been working to restore is also missing. after (painstakingly) fixing the patterned ..thing that covers the sheath and handle of the wakizashi the last time i was here in Baguio, i promised that the next time i go back, i'd polish the blade and sharpen its cutting edge. Looks like i wouldn't be able to do that anymore. In case your wondering how i got the wakizashi, it was a present given to my father back when he was Armak Motors manager from one of his Japanese customers. Over time, napabayaan yung sword until it rusted, the sheath was broken and the cover was taken off.

So there, medyo Murphy's (as in Murphy's Law) sembreak ako ngayon. Pero siyempre, when the situation changes, all one has to do is adapt.

Buti na lang may Diablo 2 sa PC. So I'm playing Diablo 2 again and it's funny how i can't seem to shake off the warcraft-habit of moving around items by right-clicking - instead of moving the potions in the inventory, palagi naiinom ng hindi kailangan.

It was also a pleasant surprise when My older sister saw Dan Brown's Angels and Demons somewhere in the in the bookshelves - and I snatched it from her. I read it when someone else is using the PC. I'm close to finishin it and I think its great. And so far, I'm liking it more than Da Vinci Code. It's just funny how a fiction novel can enlighten me more about my Religion than a priest in mass.

Anyway.. for the next few days, I plan to just stay here at home, go EAT-SLEEP-EAT mode, gain some weight, relax, read, play Diablo and bond with the family. I probably won't go out much anymore since I don't have any money on me (yoko na rin humingi ng pang-gimik sa magulang ko) and since I'm not going out, I won't be able to go online.

I'll be back after sembreak.

3 comments:

Nikki! said...

"Oh shit. I just noticed.. fish-out-of-water analogy, no pencil, no stick.. no sword.. NO PENCILSWORDFISH until sembreak ends. LOL."

Ah, yes.. Being naturally witty is cool! *stares in envy*

Cloud said...

yeh cool.. *joins nikki*

Drew said...

lol :D