Saturday, May 21, 2005

[masakit ang martial arts]

I got a sprain (or whatever. a fracture maybe) from taekwondo sparring the other week. I've been planning to go to the infirmary ever since but just didn't have the free time to do so (when i DID have free time, I just didn't feel like going anymore). I have no idea what's wrong with my left foot, all I know is that it hurts when I move it and it hurts even if i don't move it. I've been ice-ing it for more than a week but the pain's still there.

I'm not a taekwondo varsity member (or applicant), in fact I'm an arnis team member. I was just there to get a little experience to get myself ready for the inter-PE class taekwondo tournament. Because I wanted to win. I wanted to win because I wanted the PE instructor to take back what he said about arnis. And I wanted to win so I could show them all how much more superior arnis was. It was a matter of pride for me.

Forgot to mention that I DO NOT like taekwondo. Hindi naman taekwondo mismo (although I do have some issues with some of its techniques) ... what really pisses me off is the taekwondo team coach (too many issues with this guy. maybe some other time). Basta badtrip ako sa kanya.

Anyway, I had the bad luck of getting the injury a few days before the tournament. When tourney day came, the sprain (or fracture) affected my performance in the taekwondo tournament more than I had expected and made me lose the match (among other reasons. I have some other things to blame which i'll talk about later..) ...and fail myself in many aspects.

But thats not the real reason I'm ranting about all these things only now. I'm ranting because I'm supposed to be going to the LESKAS Arnis invitational this weekend but I can't (for obvious reasons).


Now I really hate taekwondo.

No comments: